Tuesday, January 20, 2015

3.52 Me and Coffee

So, I don't consider myself a coffee drinker. Which is silly because many of you know that I spend a lot of time in coffee shops.  In my defense, I don't like to drink coffee that actually tastes like coffee. I often say I drink "foofy" coffee. By that I mean lattes. With flavoring.  So that I can't actually taste the coffee.  What can I say, it works for me.

Last year, I met a friend at, of course, a coffee shop. She asked me if go for the coffee or the atmosphere. She hit the nail on the head. I go for the atmosphere.  Since I work from home, by myself, I sometimes like to go out and about just to be around people, even if I don't talk to anyone. But, let's be honest, chances are I'll have a conversation with at least one person, even if it's a quick one.  It makes me feel like I'm a part of what's happening in the world around me.

I've had a bit of time to kill during my son's rehearsals for The Who's Tommy at the Paramount Theatre, which started it's run last Wednesday.  I found myself at a nearby coffee cafe, called Two Brothers, when I had about a 2 hour wait for my kiddo to be done. For Christmas, I got this ridiculously cool coffee mug and try and to bring it along with me whenever I remember.  I love drinking out of a coffee lens mug.

So, here I am, in (one version) of a nutshell.  A latte, inside a lens coffee mug at a coffee shop, computer in hand, editing photos. My happy place!


No comments:

Post a Comment