Thursday, January 8, 2015

2.52 Theater Mom

Life is crazy right now. Good crazy.  I'd always rather be so busy I don't know which was is up than be sitting around with nothing to do. This year has started off at mock 240 speed!  Two kids, each in their own shows, with two different rehearsal schedules and overlapping tech weeks.  I really have to concentrate to figure out who needs to go where when and how they are all going to get there and back.  One day at a time. That's all any of us can do.

Normally, when school is scheduled, I want the kids to go to school. But, we've had 2 "cold" days so far due to sub zero wind chills. Truth be told, I'm kinda happy about it this time around.  The kids have late nights with their shows and so the extra sleep and rest isn't a bad thing!

One of the most exciting days for my daughter is when tech week hits the point of costumes and make up. This year, they are doing The Addams Family.  She's playing Young Wednesday and an ancestor.  Hence, the white makeup. There was lots of giggling during this entire process of applying the make up for the first time!


I can hardly wait to see my girl do her thing, up on the stage. I'm one proud Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment