Monday, August 8, 2011

A Day in the City

One of my most favorite things to do with my munchkins in the summer is to take them downtown to Millennium Park. We take the train downtown, ride the El around to State & Madison.  We play at the Splash Pad, eat ice cream, check out The Bean (aka Cloud Gate) and then head back home. It's a fun full day in the sun and I've gotten quite good at packing efficiently with clothes, swimsuits, towels and other necessities for the day. And, of course, my camera always comes along for the ride!

The year the kids and I went with a fabulous new friend of mine and her two daughters.  We had an absolute blast!  Below are some fun moments and images from the day!
They all did this as soon as we came out of the train station.  Thank goodness I had my camera out!

Squeeze together!  Only the littlest one turned around first. It took some coaxing with the older 3.

Taken on the wall lining the Seas Tower.

What a trip to Chicago without a photo of the Sears Tower?  (and no, I won't call it the Willis Tower. Sorry.)

The kids were a little too fascinated with the pigeons which, of course, were EVERYWHERE.

Some of the best ads I've even seen on the El platform

Her first ride on the EL.

We had a fabulous lunch at Pizano's on the excellent recommendation of my friend!

They all jumped right in and headed straight for the Tower.

Hours and hours of fun!

My daughter is walking away. My son is looking right at me. Caught this just in time!

Our littlest model!

Braving the downfall

A side angle of my girlfriend's photo

Two very happy mommies and new friends! (It took about 10 tries to get this shot...)

At the Bean - you have to take one of these shots every time!  :)

It was such a wonderful day. I can't wait to go on more adventures with these fabulous girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment