Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Break Fun

Yes, I know. Spring Break was finished about a week ago. So, this post is a bit overdue.  That's what my twins club resale does. It consumes my life for about a week, leaving little time for anything else.  So, I'm now playing catch up.

On Spring Break my two munchkins and I met up with some new friends we made last December.  We all met while standing in line waiting to see Santa, at Santa's House on the Riverwalk. It took about an hour for us to finally get in to see Santa and I'm pretty sure we talked each other's ears off the entire time.  It took us until last week to finally get together again, but we've stayed in touch through Facebook since that December day.

We started out at the Children's Museum in Naperville.  It didn't take the kids long to warm up to each other again and about two and half hours of hard core playing ensued.

Standing under the water bubble. This is lots of fun for both the little girl under it and the kids who get to toss water on top of it.

You can't go wrong being at the wheel in a pirate ship or crawling out of the bottom of it.

Only at a children's museum is it this much fun to blow air at your head. Somehow she doesn't think this is as much fun when I'm blow drying her hair at home.

Upstairs is a tunnel, shaped like a triange, lined with mirrors with a few windows to let light in.  Ummmm yah. I could have taken photographs right here for several straight hours.  What an awesome spot!

What little kid doesn't love a teeter totter?!

I loved his concentration while putting these shapes together.
More building with shapes. These magnetic ones are really fun!

Upstairs at the museum, there is also a stage. My little guy LOVES to create performances.  After announcing to all the parents watching that the show would start in 3 minutes, when it was time, the curtain opened and these 12 or so children all sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" in unison. It was a rather proud mommy moment for me and a truly fun site to behold.

After the museum, we headed downtown Naperville and everyone enjoyed some yummy gelato at a fairly new shop called Gelati's. It's now my favorite place to go when we do spend time downtown.  Once all the ice cream was consumed, we headed to a nearby park.  The kids played for about another hour and half while my new friend and I chatted a mile a minute and bonded over our mutual love of The Letter People from our elementary school days!
This was processed to have a bit more of a vintage feel to it.


Once it was finally time to head home, we all walked to the parking garage together.  The 3 oldest kids decided to race to the top. I had just enough time to pull out my camera and snap one shot.  There is something about this final image that I just love.  To me, it's a moment of pure childhood play.


I'm so thankful for new friends and wonderful experiences! A fun day was had by all!










No comments:

Post a Comment