Thursday, April 14, 2011

The N Family Sneak Peek

What a wonderful family to photograph for my first spring shoot!  It was extra special for me because the mom is a friend of mine.   We used to dance together in high school for a local ballet company.  However, we probably haven't seen each other in about 20 years or so.  The other cool part, was that my friend lives in New Jersey and checks out my images on Facebook. So now, I can officially say I had clients fly in from New Jersey for their shoot!  Well, they were really in town to help her mom get her house ready to sell, but STILL!  :)  When she emailed to see if I was available, I couldn't have been happier.



We met at Cantigny in the morning.  It's one of my absolute favorite places to take photographs.  I'd gotten a bit of scoop on her kids a few days earlier. Her little guy loved the camera and was a piece of cake to photograph.  Her daughter, on the other hand, wasn't quite so thrilled with the photography outing. But, we knew we'd get her to warm up. And, once we did, she was all smiles!  We first got her to warm up over the pretty daffodils that have finally started to bloom.


After that, we took a walk to a few other places in the park and then ended up at my favorite open field which is lined with trees. I wasn't sure what it would look like as there aren't any flowers and the leaves still aren't on the trees. But, this is such a sweet spot and I'm so happy with how the images turned out.  One of the best things about this area is that it gives the kids space to run and have fun. That ALWAYS creates better photographs!

I do believe this is one of my favorite shots from the entire session!

These two were such willing subjects and we all had so much fun.

I love the happiness here.

My friend's mom and brother also joined us.  It was nice to get a couple of family group shots as well!

Thank you so much for the opportunity to photograph your family and to see you again!  
I love how life comes around full circle sometimes! Safe travels back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment