Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Picture Inspiration - Week 4 - Stacks

The word prompt for this week is Stacks.  Once our assignment came out,  I knew what I wanted to photograph almost immediately.  Tracy, our teacher, suggested that perhaps we actively create what we wanted to photograph instead of finding it already in existence.   Creating still life images is not my forte.   However, I know that if I don't step out of my comfort zone from time to time, then how can I grow or learn?  So, I grabbed my subject matter and got to work with a few different scenarios.
These are antique books which I inherited from my Grandma Meg.  Unfortunately, I didn't learn of their existence until after she passed.  Most of these have copyright dates in the late 1800's.    Additionally, there are handwritten names inside each book with dates as to when they belonged to my family members.  It's so amazing to hold these in my hands.   A little piece of history that has landed in my home.
As they are antique books, I thought it only appropriate that process them with an antique feel.  I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I posted them both.  Which one appeals to you more?

I have the feeling that more of my grandmas's treasures will come in handy as I travel this journey through my Picture Inspiration Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment