Sunday, March 20, 2011

One for the Memory Bank

Yesterday was one of those days that when they come along, you wish they could just last and last and last. My muchkins and I left our house about 11:15 to go meet a girlfriend and her two daughters for lunch.  After lunch, we headed to see a play called "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...and other stories."  The show was fabulous and we all enjoyed many laughs. Afterwards, we parted ways with my friend and her daughters.  The kids mentioned a nearby park on our way back to the car. It was a beautiful day so off we went. They played at the park for about an hour or so, having a fantastic time. The weather is getting warmer and everyone is so ready for it to just stay that way.  I snagged my camera and happily clicked away while they happily played. My own little monkey made a beeline for the monkey bars.  I lost count of how many times she went back and forth!
My little guy went in a different direction and headed for the slides.
There was climbing and swinging and so much happiness!
He's a bit of a goof - can you tell?
Finally, it was time to go and so the kids needed to empty the sand out of their shoes.  (I must admit, sand is my LEAST favorite part of any park.)
As the day was such an enjoyable one, I figured I would surprise the kids with one more treat. Guess what we did next?
Yep!  Ice cream it was.  Or rather, gelato to be more exact. There is a wonderful little store downtown where we live that sells the best tasting gelato!  I got chocolate hazelnut, my daughter chose strawberry and my little man got mint. We shared and mixed and matched and enjoyed every bite. 

What a fantastic day! My husband and I refer to these as "one more for the memory bank".  How I love this time we have together.  I'm one lucky mom.



















No comments:

Post a Comment