Sunday, May 22, 2011

Picture Inspiration - Week 12 - Mysterious Ways

I think this may be one of my favorite shots so far.  For week 12, we were asked to photograph something that leaves us scratching out heads, be it a color, a shape, a gesture or something else entirely.  Nature is an amazing place with so many interesting and curious ways.

I have a wonderful sweet kitty named Indy. We found her on the 4th of July and so her name is short for Independence.  There are so many special things about her. One of the coolest things is that she is a FEMALE orange tabby.  They are very, very rare.  The vast majority of orange tabbies you'll find are male. In fact, my vet, in all his years of practice, has only seen one other orange tabby that is female and that was this year.

The other thing I love about her is her eyes!  They are simply amazing.  My kids are fascinated with them as well.  Indy was sitting on the desk where I work and her eyes caught my attention. It was bright, so her irises were only small slits, leaving the rest of her eyes in all their beautiful green and yellow marbled glory.



This was not an easy shot to get, as she wouldn't still sit.  (Imagine that!)  But, I did manage to get a few that I liked, this one being my favorite.  Below is the original shot, from which I cropped the top one. I like the fully body one too, but for the assignment,  I wanted to highlight her eyes, of course.


Oh how I love this sweet, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment