Monday, May 16, 2011

Picture Inspiration - Week 10 - Dishing it Out

So, I've realized I'll probably be perpetually behind on this project. And, I can accept that - as long as I eventually get each assignment done.  I like to wait until the inspiration hits me and sometimes, it just doesn't happen with that week.

Our prompt this week was dishing it out.  We were encouraged to turn out cameras towards the kitchen and see what every day items tickle our creative fancy.  I chose to photograph this aloe plant.


Honestly, it's amazing that this thing is still alive.  It was given to me by my friend Sheryl - who knows how many years ago. It started out as a small little offshoot of a much bigger aloe plant at her house. I know this thing has gone for 6 or more months in my den without so much as a drop of water. (I still feel guilty about that).  I moved it to the front of my kitchen sink, as I'm standing there at least 10 times a day. I need to see any plants that I should be watering right in front of me or I simply don't remember. It seems to be thriving right now but it's also in desperate need of a new pot. I promise to do that soon.

My beautiful friend Sheryl is no longer with us. She lost her battle with ovarian cancer this past Thanksgiving after an incredible 6 year fight.  I miss her every day.  I love that I still have this plant from her and that is it so resilient. What a perfect representation of Sheryl that I get to see every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment