Wednesday, March 4, 2015

7.52 Tommy Tommy Tommy

So, yeah. I'm a tad bit behind on this project.  I chose 52 self portraits as I knew it would be challenging. However, it's a bit more challenging than I anticipated. Since I need to use a tripod for almost all of the shots, I can't be as spontaneous with my camera. So, I'm behind but I'm catching up.

My original idea for this particular week's post was to do it in front of the Paramount Theatre.  However, the weather was miserable and I kept not being able to fit it into my schedule. And then, rehearsals started for the next show and I can only imagine what all of the actors would have thought had they seen me out there taking photos of myself in front of the theatre. Ha!  It makes me giggle a bit, actually.

So, this was option 2. Something to represent the final week of Peyton's run in The Who's Tommy!  I can't say enough good things about the entire experience and everyone involved in it. We were so very, very fortunate to be a part of such a special show and cast.  I asked Peyton's Mom (Mrs. Walker in Tommy, Hillary Marren, who we simply adore) to help me get a poster signed with everyone in the cast prior to the final show. She was able to round up most of the actors before the end of the run.  I surprised him with it right before the cast party and then set it out on the bar during the party for anyone who hadn't yet had a chance to sign it.  What a joy to see all the special notes written to my little guy! There were some pretty cool relationships formed during those 8 weeks.


This is a group of people he'll never forget.  
While there will be other shows, there won't be anything quite like the first one.
What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment