Wednesday, February 4, 2015

5.52 Straight

When I was little, my hair was straight and blond.  That's clearly not the case anymore. At the age of twelve, I was up in Canada spending a couple of weeks with my grandparents. My grandma took me to get a haircut. I remember telling the stylist I wanted it cut in a bob and then permed.  She got through the haircut part and then refused to perm my hair.  When we asked why, she spun me around in the chair, handed me a mirror and showed me the back of my head which was now full of curls.  What a surprise! We had no idea.

When it comes to hair, so many people want what they don't have.  I'll admit for a long time, I did wish my hair was straight. But, that was because there was one particular style I wanted to try and it would never have worked with my hair type.  Oh well. I got over it, moved on and grew to love my curls.  At this point, thank goodness I have curls as my skills in styling hair are severely lacking.  Most days, it takes me about 3 minutes to get my hair done.

When I was in my early 20's, I ended up finding a hair stylist who showed me how to straighten my hair with just a dryer and a roll brush.  It was awesome! Suddenly, I had the best of both worlds.  And while I don't do it very often anymore, it is fun to straighten my hair every once in awhile just for fun and for a different look.


I also wish my hair was red, but that's a whole different blog post!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment