Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Winter and Weeds

If anyone knows how to properly dress in cold weather, it's my husband. In light of that, we've been going on family hikes this winter, regardless of how cold it is.  I believe, on this day, it was about 18 degrees.  With all the layers we had on, I can assure you, not one of us was cold.   We keep finding new places to explore, walking sticks and my camera in tow.  And, for this photographer, there's nothing quite like photographing weeds in the winter. Weird but true.

On our way to explore



Such cool shadows


Our fearless leader.

Looking up...

...at this!

My sweet peas.  Can't let the whole hike go by without at least one shot like this!

Weeds

and more weeds!

Gorgeous light!



My little hiker!

Queen of the trees, as she dubbed herself!

It's all in the details.




The lone leaf.

Go get your snow pants and snow boots on!  So many beautiful things are out there, waiting to be seen!


















1 comment: