Friday, March 30, 2012

A Perfect Pairing

As many of you know, I don't profess to be a wedding photographer. I have been asked on several occasions to photograph a wedding and I have always turned them down. When Margaret called to ask me to be her wedding photographer, I have to admit it would have been hard to say no. She was a former dance student of mine (in my former life when I was a professional dancer and jazz teacher) plus, I just adore her. Originally, this was going to be an 8 person wedding with lunch.  That sounded doable.  By the time all was said and done, it was a 50 person wedding being held at the Drake Hotel in Chicago.  So, i rolled with it and jumped in with both feet.


I was nervous and excited all at the same time.  This was a wedding with a lot of people and an official schedule and was bigger than anything I had photographed before.  So, I took a deep breath and off we went! I'm truly happy with how these images turned out and the moments of the day that we captured.  I give so much credit to everyone who was involved in the outdoor photos - especially the bride - as it was 30 degrees and oh so cold outside. Such a trooper she was!  You never would have known how cold it was outside.

Please enjoy the images that show some of my favorite moments throughout the day.  I wish all the best to this absolutely adorable couple who I couldn't be happier for! Thank you for trusting me with this truly special day.


































































What a day!  A perfect start to a lifetime of love, happiness and lots and lots of laughter!
Congratulations!







2 comments:

  1. Outstanding ... your unique touch is evident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow!!! You did an amazing job! So many wonderfully captured moments. They will treasure these photos forever. I love them.

    ReplyDelete