Sunday, February 27, 2011

Picture Inspiration - Week 1 - Self Portrait

I'm excited to embark upon this journey of my first online photography class called Picture Inspiration. The assignment for Week 1 was a Self Portrait. I haven't done many of these and the ones I have done, have all been taken in the mirror.  So, this challenge encouraged me to try something new, along with giving me a reason to break out my new wireless remote I bought almost a month ago. (No, I have no idea why I haven't played with it prior to this).
I positioned myself in the front room where I knew I'd have the best light, set up my camera and started clicking away.  Okay, well, I clicked once and then crawled over the camera to check the image.  I made some adjustments and did it again.   I changed lenses, changed positions and crawled back and forth to my camera no less than 53 times.  And, I thought photographing OTHER people could be workout!

In the end, I'm rather happy with the result.  I had a bunch of photos that weren't good at all, a few that were almost there and a couple I was happy with.  Here is the final image.

2 comments:

  1. i'd say it's perfect. you are beautiful! looking forward to following your picture inspiration journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love it! Great job... you make me want to take an online photography course too! - Rachel

    ReplyDelete