Thursday, May 12, 2016

Rock On!

I've been meaning to do this blog post for weeks now. However, I've been (thankfully) crazy busy so it just hasn't happened. And now, this weekend, the USA Climbing Regionals are upon us for the Great Lakes Region.  My girl has worked her tush off this season and we couldn't be prouder of her!  Currently, she is ranked 1st in the Region and 9th in the Nation.  Holy cow!

Watching her climb is something to see.  She makes it look easy. I promise you, it's not.  As soon as I get on a wall to climb, all thoughts of easy go right out the window and just making it to the top of one route takes all I have.  She has more perseverance and determination than almost anyone I know and she has the ribbons this year to prove it.

For this weekend, the goal is to place in the top 10.  If she accomplishes that, she'll quality for the Divisionals competition here in Chicago in June.

Wishing my girl all the good luck and strength and brain power to do her very best this weekend!

L'Escalade: Lexington, KY
4th Place


Vertical Endeavors: Glendale Heights, IL
2nd Place!

Adventure Rock: Milwaukee, WI
4th Place

First Ascent: Chicago, IL
4th Place


Climb Iowa: DesMoines, IA
2nd Place


Go OWN IT this weekend my girl!
Rock on!






1 comment:

  1. This is a totally wonderful blog Bari! And, the photos are fabulous. She absolutely deserves all your accolades and more! This amazing little gal's determination, strength and perseverance is completely inspiring! And...she also has "Grandma Power" on her side! :)

    ReplyDelete