Monday, January 18, 2016

Behind the Scenes: The Man Who Murdered Sherlock Holmes

I have a few addictions. One of them is coffee shops. If you are connected to me on Facebook or IG, that comes as no surprise. I also have a weak spot for coats and pajamas. If I have to shop for anything, those would be what a I want first (I hate shoe shopping. Go figure). But, one of my biggest addictions is behind the scenes stuff. I love, love, love having access to places most people don't get to see. I've been friends with people in a few well known bands and I'm stupidly happy when I get that lanyard that gives me backstage access. I love being able to walk into the theater to drop Peyton off for his call time when he's in a show. I don't know what it is but I think those times/places can be even cooler than the finished product/show, though I love that part too. So, it could not have been a more perfect job for me when The Mercury Theater reached out to see if I was available to come and photograph rehearsal for about an hour for a new show in the works. The fact that the cast was rehearsing in the rehearsal space and not the theater made it even cooler. See below for a behind-the-scenes peek into preparing for a world premiere opening of a brand new musical, called "The Man Who Murdered Sherlock Holmes."


Previews start on January 20th and it runs through March 20th. 
Head to www.mercurytheaterchicago.com to get your tickets. 
You won't want to miss this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment