Sunday, February 23, 2014

I had the best date this weekend!

I had the best date on Friday night...with my son.  On that evening, my daughter and husband headed out to the Daddy Daughter Dance at school.


Each year, on the night of the dance, I take my little guy out for a date.  We've gone to a variety of places.  It's been just the two of us for most of these evenings but on others, we've met up with friends. This year, I decided on just the two of us.

He loves to get dressed up and wear ties.  So, I thought we'd go out for a bit of a fancier date and I'd join him in truly dressing up.  After the rest of our family headed out the door, he and I took our own photo (using my really cool new gorilla pod to hold my camera) and then we were on our way to our restaurant.  I'd searched earlier in the day for an upscale brick oven pizza place and found exactly what I was looking for.


We headed out to the car and my little guy opened the door for me. Such a gentleman!  When we arrived at the restaurant, he asked me to stay put so that he could once again open my car door.  He insisted on opening the door to the restaurant for me, pulled my chair out when we were seated and even made sure I got to the ladies room right before we left so I didn't get lost.  I was so spoiled!

The restaurant was fabulous and exactly what I was hoping for! We had a lovely dinner, sharing bruschetta, a pizza and then dessert.  I had told him he could have anything he liked to drink and he chose Root Beer.  


I'd loved having this sweet face smiling back at me.







A really nice woman at the next table offered to take our photo.  I'm so happy she did!


At one point, my date took out a little black notebook and started writing in it on his lap. I asked him what it was. Turns out, he was taking notes about our night together and writing down our memories as they happened - his version of my camera. We had the absolute best time talking about all kinds of topics. He shared things with me he normally wouldn't have ( I'm sworn to secrecy) but the evening lender itself to that kind of chat.  I loved every second!  


It was such a special night and I'm truly looking forward to next year! I'm one lucky mom!








No comments:

Post a Comment