Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Flashes of Hope!


Well, I'm rather excited to find out that I CAN share some images from my day at the Peds in the Weeds Picnic where I volunteered for Flashes of Hope at the beginning of last month!  For those of you who may not have seen the posts, Flashes of Hope is an organization where photographers volunteer their time and take photos of children and their families who are chronically or, possibly, terminally ill. A professional lab also donates the prints that each family receives. My first time with FOH was as an assistant for a friend of mine who is also a photographer.  She did her first shoot in a hospital with a backdrop and lights, which I don't generally use.  Neither one of us was sure what to expect but it turned out to be an incredibly positive experience with lots of laughter and smiles and snuggles between the kids and their parents.

As I do most of my shooting outside, I was happy to find out that there were also several opportunities to take images outside during the summer camps that the current and former patients are invited to, along with their families.  So I volunteered for what turned out to be the last camp of the summer and had an absolutely amazing time.  There were former patients, current patients and families there who had lost someone they loved. Truly an incredible, emotional day and I'm so very thankful to be able to give back in this manner. Here is a sample of some of the happiness, love and laughter we captured.

 
Looking forward to next summer to do it all again! Please check out and like the Flashes of Hope Facebook page at: http://on.fb.me/1a6H3QK


1 comment: