Friday, May 17, 2013

A different view (or 2 or 3....)

Okay, first things first. I am going to stop saying I'm going to blog more.  It clearly isn't happening so I should stop saying it.  However, every once in awhile I'm inspired and this is one of those days.

Yesterday, I had some extra time to myself. So, driving home from returning a faulty battery charger (which reminds me that I need to order a new one - right after this post), I decided to pop into the Arboretum. It's the one place I currently have an annual membership to and it's soooo worth the money.  I was hoping to still see the fields of daffodils but just missed them.  Instead, I drove around the entire property, looking for inspiring light and colors to photograph.  I found a few things but nothing that caught my eye like the flowers when I first pulled into.

So, on my way out, I parked, crossed a few streets and walked over the road where the cars enter.  The light coming through these flowers was just amazing and I couldn't get them out of my head. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know they were tulips until one of the employees said that's what they were.


When I couldn't decide which image to post, I thought a collage would be a good idea.  And, I thought it might also be nice to share a photography tip with you. When you find something that you want to capture, take a bunch of images but from different perspectives.  A wide shot, a tight shot, get close, get far, get low down to the ground, take a shot from as high up as you can get, focus on one thing, open up and get more of the whole scene.  The image on the right was taken while I was laying on the ground at a rather awkward (and I'm sure entertaining) angle.  You just might be surprised at what you capture. Go give it a try.

Happy Spring!

1 comment: