Friday, December 2, 2011

New Friends

I originally "met" Caroline through Flickr. I saw her work quite some time ago and absolutely fell in love with it.  Recently, I saw she had moved to Chicago and reached out to see if she might like to meet up for coffee one day. I find it truly fascinating that this amazing digital world we live in allows us to connect with people from all over the world, most of whom we'll never meet.  However, every once in awhile an opportunity presents itself where I get the chance to say hello in person.  I was thrilled when Caroline accepted my offer and we quickly got a date on the calendar.  She chose a very cool coffee shop, which had the best hazelnut latte I've ever had!  When our coffees were ready, I refused to take a sip of mine before walking to the table as I wanted to take a photo of them both. It's a wonder I didn't spill anything!



We talked pretty much non-stop for 2 hours before finally heading down the street to find a place for lunch. Along the way, we stopped to take a few photos of each other. In this neighborhood, there is some really cool wall art!




We found our way to Jimmy John's and continued chatting away. I snagged a photo of her really cool tattoo - what's not to love about this???

The three hours flew by and before I knew it, we had to head our separate ways. I'm thrilled to have a new friend who shares my passion for photography.   I can't wait until our next get together!




1 comment:

  1. OMG...loving these pics Bari! Such a great way to spend the day. Can't wait for our next meet up!

    ReplyDelete