Saturday, June 18, 2011

The B Family Sneak Peek

Tammy and I used to work together quite a few years ago now.  A lot has changed in both of our lives since then!  Her and her husband's family grew from 1 little girl to 5 little people. I had twins.  (So did she.) We've both changed jobs but kept in touch from time to time. Recently, she called to see if I would be interested in doing a photo shoot for her and her family (all 7 of them), plus another 6 family members.  Well, of course I would! Though, I must admit the idea of doing a 13 person shoot was a bit daunting. My biggest to date was 12 people and that had been just about 2 years earlier.

Tammy and I hadn't seen each other in probably 4 years or so.  But, when she got out of the car, it felt like we had worked together just the week before.  Time has flown by and it was so great to see her and her husband Matt.  I anxiously rounded the corner of their van to get a glimpse of her 5 kids who I knew had grown so much since I last saw them.  And wow! Such a beautiful group of little people was in front of me.  Tammy dressed the entire family PERFECTLY!  The longer I do this, the more I see how coordinated clothes really do make a difference.  This family could not have possibly coordinated themselves any better.  We got started with the 7 of them, while we waited for the other family members to arrive.


Once everyone else joined us, we started shooting various combinations of family members, along with doing several group shots. What a fun group of people I had to work with. Everyone was willing to do what I needed them to and without being asked, the other grownups jumped in to help get the kids to smile and look in various directions.  It's a bit challenging to keep track of 5 kids and 8 adults!    But, this family pitched in, was patient and had fun spending time together. That's exactly how I always want my shoots to feel for my clients. No one seemed to be in particular hurry to finish so I took my time and took a TON of shots.

This last shot was a "recreation" of an image from when these three siblings were little. While I didn't see the original photo, I can image it in my head.

You have many, many, MANY more shots to come your way with the final gallery, Tammy & Matt & Co.  I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see all of you. Your family is just gorgeous and your children were such a treat to photograph. I hope you enjoy the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment