Monday, January 30, 2017

From one side of the arts to the other

Once a dancer, always a dancer....at least that's what some people say.  I think my body would beg to differ at this point, but that's okay.  From the age of 4 to the age of 29, I danced. At first it was at the Park District, then on to a private studio, followed by many years at Salt Creek Ballet, Lou Conte Dance Studio and finally to being a founding member of the Cerqua-Rivera Art Experience. During high school, I danced about 20 hours per week.  I taught the Advanced Jazz classes at SCB for a couple of years and sat on the Board of Directors for about 10 years.  And, at the ripe old age of 29, I hung up my dancing shoes.  However, the love of the art form has never left me.





And now, instead of dancing myself, I love to be on the other side of the equation, capturing both dance and theater through my lens.  It's been a perfect way to stay connected to the arts in a totally different way. I'm so thankful for the opportunities I've had to capture these moments on stage and for the artists and companies who have trusted me to do just that.

During my time at Salt Creek Ballet, it was a joy to capture moments during adjudications as well as some moments on stage:









Additionally, I've been thrilled to get to photograph some beautifully talented dancers and actors.












I'm excited to see what's next!




1 comment:

  1. I just came across this kind of accidentally. What a wonderful Blog post and oh the beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete