Sunday, June 21, 2015

86 Days of Summer

It's time for a new photography project.  Last year's Project 365 was great but by the time it was done,   I was DONE.  I needed a break.  Another project 52 sounded like a good idea and I jumped in with both feet in January.  Fifty two self portraits.  A good challenge right?  Well, yes, but eventually I lost my steam (after about 14 weeks) and decided it was time to call it quits.  I mean, how many times do you really want to see a shot of my face? I got some good creative ones in and then it started to feel like too much work.

I was scrolling my FB feed the other day and came across of headline of The 100 Days of Summer on the fabulous photography blog Click It Up a Notch.  That got me to thinking...and here I am with my new project.  However, as my kids so aptly pointed out, there aren't REALLY 100 days of summer. The more like 86, to be exact. So, we'll do 86 to make them happy.  And, with the first official day of summer being today, this is where we start...on Father's Day.  Eighty six days of summer begins....NOW.

A lovely Father's Day breakfast of pancakes and bacon, done completely on the grill this morning by the kids and their dad.  (So different from Mother's Day where my biggest desire is to not be required to make any food at all!).


1.86: Breakfast BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment