Monday, January 23, 2012

New Beginnings

There's something so powerful about those two words. New Beginnings. We just had one with the start of 2012. While life wasn't really any different on December 31, 2011 than it was on January 1, 2012, in my mind it's all a part of a fresh new start.  A good jumping off point for those things I've been wanting to do for awhile...

* I've started walking and running on my treadmill. Three days on, one day off.  So far so good.  I've now announced this publicly so perhaps that will help to keep me motivated.  :)  I'm also planning to run/walk my first 5K in April in honor/memory of one of my best friends, Sheryl Garrett, who lost her battle with ovarian cancer a little over a year ago.

*I will be working on a new, improved and updated website.  This upcoming May my business will be three years old. I have NO idea how that happened but it's true. So, time to freshen some things up a bit.  That will come with some new pricing, new print options and a few new policies.  Each year has brought wonderful new learnings that I want to put into practice.

*I ordered new business cards that I absolutely love. Check out Moo.com if you need cards as well.

*I have a new Project 52 underway.  In 2010, I did my first 365 project where I took and posted a photo every day for the entire year. It was an incredible learning experience and I'm so happy I did it. I'm still not ready to take on another one though.  So, one photo a week sounds much more doable. I'm not following any sort of theme. I'm simply taking photos that move me or highlight something special for that week.

*I have a goal to go to be earlier this year - in generally.  While I am a night owl without a doubt, a bed time of midnight every night gets a bit old.

*Finally, I have GOT to be better about posting on this blog.  I can't believe a month has gone by already since my last post. You know how we all have things that we just aren't good at? Well, if I'm being honest, this is one of them.  Regardless, new year, new plans for posting more frequently. Comments help (hint, hint). It lets me know someone is reading my ramblings and encourages me to do more!

So, on that note, it's almost 10:30pm and I'm going to hit the hay. Below are my first three Project 52 images. More to come.

New Beginnings

There's nothing like a close girlfriend to share wine and laughter with!

My sweet, furry baby. I could not possibly love this kitty more than I already do!

Wishing you all the best in 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment