Thursday, September 3, 2009

And so it begins...

My kids have started kindergarten. Honestly, I have no idea how that happened.  I'm pretty sure that just last week I was dressing them in adorable onesie outfits, complete with footies and snaps and they needed boppies to help them sit up.  It seems impossible that I have 2 five year old kids.  But alas, I do.  And time is fa-lying by!!!!

They were so excited about school and perhaps even more excited about the riding the bus.  I bought each of them a new outfit for the first day of school. Rookie mom mistake...I waited too long. Of COURSE all the fall clothes are out for the start of school.  But, seeing that it was still 80 degrees outside for the first day, I was looking for sundresses and short sleeve shirts.  There were almost none to be found.  At last, after 8 different stores with no luck, finally our trip to Kohl's was my answer.

We got dressed that morning and they were more than happy to let me get some pictures.  



Then, it was off to the bus.  They didn't hesitate for one step...off they went.


Sydney was going to be at the bus and they could hardly wait to see her.  Once all the kids were together, we let them cross the street and they could hardly go fast enough.


Finally, the bus came and everyone was ready to get on.  I managed to keep it together, only getting teary for a few seconds  here and there.    When they got home, everyone told me they'd be tired and starving.  Well, everyone was wrong. They were like little lunatics - running around, doing cartwheels....they all had more energy than I've had in the past month combined!
It's now been almost 2 full weeks of school and you would think they'd been going for 2 full years. They are little pros.  The stories are wonderful.  They are making new friends.  And, their excitement and happiness about being at school...we couldn't ask for more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment